I’m Jocelyn Lovelle and I am a writer. I love writing and editing and I think it is the most amazing thing that I get to help people find the words that fit their business, values, passion, mission -everything!
BUT…I KNOW NOT EVERYONE FEELS THAT WAY ABOUT WRITING!
IF YOU’RE LIKE MOST PEOPLE OUT THERE YOU PROBABLY FEEL LIKE:
- You CAN write, but you really don’t want to – you’ve got other things to do – like a business to run.
- You’ve been struggling with branding and getting your messaging to sound right. Tone? Voice? Point of View? What?
- You’d rather dig post holes in Austin in the summer than write your website pages, your blog, a social media post, sell sheets, anything at all, actually.
What I’ve found is too many business owners spend too much time (or too little time) putting together copy for all of the dozens of places they need to tell their clients what they do. Because it’s frustrating and difficult and just not their thing, they end up with web pages, social media ads and a bunch of messaging that doesn’t really tell their story, that doesn’t reflect the passion and brilliance and unique place in the market their business holds.
And because of that, potential clients look them over because they don’t understand how powerful their product or service really is.
I PROMISE, THERE’S A BETTER WAY!
I have worked with businesses owners just like you who are about to throw up their hands and just, “put something up there,” or even worse, throw up their hands and walk away because they couldn’t get enough clients. It wasn’t the product, it wasn’t the service, it wasn’t them. It was the language, the communication, the words that weren’t telling their story in a way that made clients really see them.
Maybe you have:
- Tried writing your own copy only to have potential clients not understand what you’re selling.
- Not taken advantage of an advertising opportunity because you didn’t know what to say or how to say it.
- Taken a free class on copy writing that left you even more confused and frustrated than before.
- Paid someone to write some copy for you that still wasn’t really a fit.
It’s not you! There’s a secret ingredient and it makes all the difference:
A foundational approach to your message, to your brand, to who you are and what you can do for your clients. Because you just writing to get something up there doesn’t work. And hiring someone to write one piece here and one piece there doesn’t work either. You need someone who loves to write, who has helped build several brands and who can help you build your brand around a central, cohesive, passionate, persuasive message about who you are and why you are perfect for your clients.
So if you’re ready to have someone dive in and:
- Truly understand your mission, vision, brand and ideal client and be able to put that into words in any format: blog, website pages, Facebook ads, sell sheets, anything and everything that needs words
- Be excited about who you are, what you do and how your clients need you and not someone else
- Love what they do and love helping you be excited about, and proud of, your branding and messaging
So what’s my story? How did I get here to be doing my dream job with you?
I have been in love with writing and editing since my first creative writing class in college. That teacher changed my life and I have been writing ever since. It keeps me sane, it helps me process and I edit in my sleep. There isn’t a book, billboard or menu that I don’t edit without even thinking about it.
I’ve been an editor at a large city newspaper and then a content producer for their brand-spanking-new online entertainment guide. If you’re old enough to remember when those first hit the scene, you’ll also be a fan of my favorite movie, Fletch. If not, you can just try to imagine a world of corded phones, a brand new thing called the internet and movies where actors who are now seriously old were in their prime.
I’ve helped brand several new businesses, and helped several more re-brand themselves, all so they could get their story out there and get more clients.
I know what it’s like to struggle and try to balance wearing all the hats, and on top of that have to do something so major, so important, so ongoing as writing about who you are and what you do. If I didn’t love writing, I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago.
I feel your pain and I want to help.
The personal side of all that…
It took me a long time and quite a winding path, including a year-long drive from Carmel, CA to Tamarindo, Costa Rica, to end up where I am now. Along the way I:
- Got my degree in English and creative writing from UCLA.
- Created a jewelry line worn on ABC and STARZ and carried in Nordstrom and Fred Segal along with over 50 boutiques in the US, Costa Rica and the Carribean.
- Started my branding journey by securing sponsorship from major brands like Coleman and ACE Hardware for that one-year overland trip – which turned into 10 years of living in Costa Rica.
- Co-wrote a blog for 12 years that accidentally got wiped off the face of the internet. With no backup. To say I was devastated is a vast understatement.
- Watched a leatherback sea turtle lay her eggs in the middle of the night after a five-hour bus ride down a dirt road. It was so worth it.
- Took a year-long yoga teacher training and got certified to teach Hatha Yoga.
- Coached dozens of people after training as an NLP and leadership coach before I realized I loved it, but it wasn’t my calling.
- Developed a love of tomatoes that borders on mild obsession.
I am now so delighted, humbled and grateful to be doing work I love and helping other small businesses and solopreneurs do the work they love. I am so looking forward to working with you. Are you ready to take your business to the next level and get more clients? Let’s go!